You can control the event reminders that are sent to the parents for each of the events.
Disable event Reminder to Parent:
- You may not want to send reminder to parents for some events. In such cases you can set the “Event Reminder” to “No” on the event detail.
- If you are creating events much ahead in time you can decide to to send reminder immediately or few days before the event.
- While creating an event you can set “Event Reminder” to “Whole Class”
- On “Send first notification to Families” drop down, select “Today” to send reminder to parents on the same day
- Select “7 days before the event” to send reminder to parent 7 days before the event.
- Similarly you can set various options to set the reminders
- As a teacher you can decide not to receive reminder by unchecking the “Include Teacher” checkbox
Event Due Reminder:
- The day before the event is due, the notifications are send to the parents with summary of all the events scheduled for tomorrow
- This reminder is mandatory and parents cannot turn-off this notification
Note: Parent has ability to turn-off the event reminders on their notification preferences. However they will receive Event due reminder for the next day events which can not be turned-off.