You can control the event reminders that are sent to the members for each of the events.
Disable event Reminder to Members:
You may not want to send reminder to members for some events. In such cases you can set the “Event Reminder” to “No” on the event detail.
- If you are creating events much ahead in time you can decide to to send reminder immediately or few days before the event.
- While creating an event you can set “Event Reminder” to “All Members”
- On “Send first notification to Members” drop down, select “Today” to send reminder to member on the same day
- Select “7 days before the event” to send reminder to parent 7 days before the event.
- Similarly you can set various options to set the reminders
Event Due Reminder:
The day before the event is due, the notifications are send to the members with summary of all the events scheduled for tomorrow
This reminder cannot be turned-off by members in their notification preferences
Note: Members has ability to turn-off the event reminders on their notification preferences. However they will receive Event due reminder for the next day events which can not be turned-off.